Fucile anticarro M35(p)

« Older   Newer »
Meczyk
view post Posted on 1/5/2007, 11:44

Hi!

For quite a long time I'm trying to find a manual to Polish antitank rifle wz. 35, so called "Urugwaj". I couldn't find it in Poland. I've looked in Central Military Libary, Polish Military Museum and Military Technical Academy. No one had any idea where it could be. Maybye someone here has one, but loves it so much that he won't show it to the world. But there should be German and Italian manuals to it. In some articles printed in Poland there are some references to an Italian manual. But no one knows, from where it came. Like in X-files :lol: My question is: does anyone of You know, where such manual could be? If You know, or suspect where it could be, please let me know. And please, write me an adress of such institution. I am a history student from University of Gdansk, so I can write to them with a paper from my prifessor and University. If You know somebody, that could help me in this case, I would be very gratifiul. And if anyone has any info (with bibliographical background) about other inf AT weapons, please let me know :) And this is the weapon that I'm talking about

http://www.1939.pl/uzbrojenie/polskie/piec...ur35/index.html

Polish AT rifle in hands of a Italian para

http://www.odkrywca-online.com/forum_pics/...16/para26na.jpg

Grollo
view post Posted on 4/5/2007, 08:28

Still have to try to watch for these books?

# Departament Broni Piechoty (1938). Dodatek do instrukcji o broni piechoty. Część I. Karabin wzór 35. Polish Ministry of War.
# Zbigniew Gwóźdź, Piotr Zarzycki (1993). Polskie konstrukcje broni strzeleckiej. SIGMA NOT. ISBN 83-85001-69-7.
# Aleksander Smoliński (1992). "Wybrane problemy z historii karabinu przeciwpancernego wz. 35". MWP bulletin.
# Jerzy Sadowski (1995). "Karabin przeciwpancerny wz.35 w fortyfikacjach II RP". Nowa Technika Wojskowa 11.
# Tadeusz Nowakowski (1995). "Karabin przeciwpancerny wz. 35". Nowa Technika Wojskowa 6.

I have no manual of this rifle, but I'd suggest you to even seek for the German designation "PzB 35(p)" (Panzerbüchse 35(p)) as they captured a considerable number of these rifles during the invasion of Poland in WWII, and then later they sold a large amount of these to our Regio Esercito.
You could even seek for a "fucile controcarro 35(P)" manual, as we issued a very detailed manual too (of course it will be in italian).

Meczyk
view post Posted on 4/5/2007, 09:15

"Departament Broni Piechoty (1938). Dodatek do instrukcji o broni piechoty. Część I. Karabin wzór 35. Polish Ministry of War." That was the original manual. But as I wrote before, he is missing. No one in my coutry has one (or somebody has it, but keeps it in secrecy). I know the rest of those publications. About "Ur" under the german service, I've only found polish ammo boxes with added german signs. A picture of such box was printed in France some time ago. But again, no body saw a manual to Panzerbuchse 35 (p). That is why I'm looking for a italian one :) And it was Tadeusz Nowakowski (Tadeusz Nowakowski (1995). "Karabin przeciwpancerny wz. 35". Nowa Technika Wojskowa) who wrote about italian manual. Grollo, You wrote "we issued a very detailed manual". Do You know where could it be? Or do You know where I could ask for it? As I said, I can write to a museum or archive, with every proper document from my university.

Grollo
view post Posted on 31/5/2007, 19:43

I've seek for that manual on the net, but it seems like there is no way to find it out! :(
I think that it could be stored in some military archive or military museum, but it won't be easy to be found.
Anyway, have you found something else which could be handy for your work?

Meczyk
view post Posted on 1/6/2007, 20:23

I know that the manual to Panzerbuchse 35 (p) is not in the net. That's why I came here, asking for help. Could You give me an adress (e-mail or standart) to the biggest Italian military museum? I think that people working in a museum will be much friendlier than those from archives. Maybye I could write to them. My dream is to buy a microfilm of such a manual.
I've found some things to my work. Some manuals are at www.lexpev.nl and www.weapons.org.uk , http://www.ahco.army.mil/site/index.jsp is also a very good webpage. I also have some things from polish museums and my friends. But about kb.ppanc. "Ur" I could only find a doccument ordering to open the boxes and give it to soldiers. I've also read some memoir from tests, and one article wroten by colonel Felsztyn, about the origins of "Ur". And of course, fragments in various books. But no trace of a manual, in no mather which language.... I have a theory. In polish Central Military Archive there are thousands of unopened bags, filled with documents. They were filled in 1939, when everybody were trying to evacuate. Those bags were captured by the Germans, but they didn't bother to open them. In PRL (Polish People's Republic) no one cared about "rotten capitalists", annd in official propaganda pre-war military was declared "evil". So no body looked into those bags. And they are lying there....waiting for God's mercy...or some flood, or rats...I don't know :wacko:

4 replies since 1/5/2007, 11:44   617 views